Tooth enamel can be many different shade and usually changes over time. The stains and discoloration of your teeth may be caused by different reasons such as genetics, aging, tooth injury, illnesses, antibiotics and other medicines, smoking, eating and drinking of stain-causing food and beverages, or even getting higher amounts of fluoride while your teeth are still developing.
There are three main types of tooth whitening: whitening toothpastes, home-use whiteners and in–office whitening.
Whitening toothpastes the gentlest kind of whiteners and usually do not have side effects. However, they are not so effective as professional teeth whitening procedures, can lighten teeth only slightly and their results are visible no longer than over days or weeks.
Home-use whiteners available at your dentist are more effective and can be applied with trays, strips, a rinse, or a brush. Their results are more noticeable, last longer and can lighten even heavier stains and discolorations.
In-office whiteners are much stronger than whitening toothpastes and home-use whiteners, since they use more peroxide. They can change the colour of your teeth faster than the other methods. But they can cause some side effects as well and they are not for everybody. Your teeth may become sensitive to very hot or cold and your gums may be irritated temperatures for several days
Over whitening can cause severe discomfort to your teeth and gums and harm your tooth enamel. Tooth whitening is not recommended for people with gum disease and tooth decay. Also, the colour of fillings and crowns cannot be changed by tooth whitening.
To keep your teeth white as long as possible, avoid smoking and stain-causing food and drinks for several days after whitening (tea, coffee, berries etc.). Keep in mind that teeth usually return to their original shade over time.
Home teeth whitening takes place in a comfort of your home. The dental hygienist will first take an imprint of your teeth which will be used to create tailored silicon forms.
You will then apply a whitening gel in the forms and put them on teeth for 4 or 6 hours during the night. The whitening process is two to four weeks long.
You can expect your teeth to lighten about five shades.
Unicare's philosophy of patient approach
Our commitment is to provide the highest quality medical care by our excellent doctors with an emphasis on a considerate, friendly and empathetic approach in every situation. We take care of our clients with respect and the assurance that they can contact us whenever they need to see a doctor.
Our clinic offers a family atmosphere and maximum comfort for our clients. We carefully select our specialists, who especially profess a personal patient-oriented approach. Our doctors will allow enough time for every client and will explain the health problem in a transparent and understandable way.
About our services
- Complex healthcare services in one location
- 20+ medical specializations and 50 specialists
- Professional doctors with empathetic & friendly approach
We speak 16 languages
English, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hebrew Persian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Czech.
We specialise to
- International clients living in CZ long-term or short-term
- Individuals and families
- Company employees
- Exchange students
Unicare Medical offers premium healthcare services - preventive and acute.
We specialize in care for international and Czech clients living in the Czech republic.
Check out more:
- Healthcare services for international clients
- Healthcare services for companies
- Healthcare services for self-payers
Benefits of Unicare Medical membership program
Complex healthcare all year round. You have the choice of 3 membership plans: COMFORT, PREMIUM or EXCLUSIVE based on your current needs. We also offer discounts for family members.
- UNLIMITED number of GP / Paediatrician appointments
- REGULAR annual preventive examination included
- NEW: Dental hygiene, Dental examination, Gynaecology examination, Urology examination, Physiotherapy and Mental health services INCLUDED in the PREMIUM and EXCLUSIVE programs
- DISCOUNT for outpatient in-house medical specialists
- DISCOUNT for family members
- BONUS: Vaccination included (please check details)
- We are true specialists for international clients - we speak 14 languages
- For our members we offer a MOBILE APPLICATION enabling phone consultation / chat with the doctor (during clinic opening times)
- We offer MINIMAL BOOKING TIME and WAITING TIME for appointments
- Service of Care manager and patient’s administration INCLUDED (See membership)