Psychosomatic medicine professes a holistic approach to human health and therefore works with a bio-psycho-social approach. A common cause of psychosomatic problems is long-term exposure to stress, which affects our mental and physical health, causing various physical (somatic) symptoms that may occur, which typically do not show a disease during a regular medical examination.
Frequently addressed issues:
- Chronic gastrointestinal symptoms / pain (e.g. irregular defecation, abdominal pain, bloating, painful swallowing, repeated vomiting and more)
- Chronic respiratory symptoms / pain (e.g. chronic cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, lack of air and more)
- Chronic symptoms / pain of the cardiovascular system (e.g. rapid heartbeat, non-cardiac chest pain, fainting, rapid changes in blood pressure and more)
- Chronic symptoms / pain of the neurological system (e.g. vertigo, headache, nerve pain, vision problems and more)
- Chronic symptoms / diseases of unknown origin (e.g. unclear loss of consciousness, chronic fatigue syndrome, energy loss, etc.)
- Unexpected worsening of chronic diseases (e.g. decompensation of diabetes, high blood pressure or bronchial asthma and others)
A comprehensive bio-psycho-social approach to the patient in psychosomatic medicine can often be used to treat purely mental or relationship problems such as:
- Anxiety / Depression / Panic Attacks
- Burnout syndrome / Work-life balance / Stress management
- Family problems / Difficult relationship adult - child / Problems with parenthood
- Difficulty concentrating / Learning difficulties / School phobias
- Eating Disorders / Anorexia / Bulimia
- Diagnostic evaluation of the health condition and possible psychosomatic origin of the problems
- Psychosomatic counseling - evaluation of possible treatment Individual medical advice
- Evaluation of past medical records and examinations
- Education in the field of lifestyle and relationships from a psychosomatic perspective
Unicare's philosophy of patient approach
Our commitment is to provide the highest quality medical care by our excellent doctors with an emphasis on a considerate, friendly and empathetic approach in every situation. We take care of our clients with respect and the assurance that they can contact us whenever they need to see a doctor.
Our clinic offers a family atmosphere and maximum comfort for our clients. We carefully select our specialists, who especially profess a personal patient-oriented approach. Our doctors will allow enough time for every client and will explain the health problem in a transparent and understandable way.
About our services
- Complex healthcare services in one location
- 20+ medical specializations and 50 specialists
- Professional doctors with empathetic & friendly approach
We speak 16 languages
English, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hebrew Persian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Czech.
We specialise to
- International clients living in CZ long-term or short-term
- Individuals and families
- Company employees
- Exchange students
Unicare Medical offers premium healthcare services - preventive and acute.
We specialize in care for international and Czech clients living in the Czech republic.
Check out more:
- Healthcare services for international clients
- Healthcare services for companies
- Healthcare services for self-payers
Benefits of Unicare Medical membership program
Complex healthcare all year round. You have the choice of 3 membership plans: COMFORT, PREMIUM or EXCLUSIVE based on your current needs. We also offer discounts for family members.
- UNLIMITED number of GP / Paediatrician appointments
- REGULAR annual preventive examination included
- NEW: Dental hygiene, Dental examination, Gynaecology examination, Urology examination, Physiotherapy and Mental health services INCLUDED in the PREMIUM and EXCLUSIVE programs
- DISCOUNT for outpatient in-house medical specialists
- DISCOUNT for family members
- BONUS: Vaccination included (please check details)
- We are true specialists for international clients - we speak 14 languages
- For our members we offer a MOBILE APPLICATION enabling phone consultation / chat with the doctor (during clinic opening times)
- We offer MINIMAL BOOKING TIME and WAITING TIME for appointments
- Service of Care manager and patient’s administration INCLUDED (See membership)