Family & Systemic Therapy
Systemic therapy is a type of therapy that involves all members of a particular system. The most common example of a system is the family, where therapists help all family members to implement their problems and understand how the various parts of the system interact. The aim of systemic therapy is to help improve communication, solve emotional and educational problems, understand and manage specific family situations (e.g. death in the family, serious mental illness, problems with raising children, etc.). The result of therapy is to achieve better functioning of all members of the system.
Frequently asked questions:
When can systemic therapy help you? For the need of systemic family therapy, it is good to meet 3 general conditions:
- The symptoms of the disease and problem behavior last chronically, at least 3 months
- Previous treatment or educational measures have failed or proved ineffective
- The symptoms have serious consequences for the immediate social environment, both family and work
What is systemic therapy?
Systemic therapy is a type of therapy that involves all members of a particular system. The most common example of a system is the family, where therapists help all members of that family accomplish their problems and understand how each individual affects the system. Systemic therapy is conducted by a system of sessions with a therapist, who helps the family to understand its problems and create a plan that will lead to a better functioning home environment.
What is the goal of systemic therapy?
The goal of systemic therapy is to support or enable the positive development of a given system, such as a family. The goal is to help each family member communicate better with other family members and to encourage change in their relationships so that each member is doing better.
Why systemic therapy?
As children grow, the family inevitably changes. In this process it is very likely that the family system will encounter some problems in managing the stages of development. If this system needs to make conversations to help prevent these problems, systemic therapy may be the right choice.
What kinds of problems can systemic therapy help solve?
The therapist can help members of any system to cope with life changes that may affect the family unit. They can help the family to deal with chronic illnesses, psychosomatic disorders, periods of separation, grief, family development, work and school stress, but also ADHD, eating disorders, addictions and many others. The therapist will help family members understand each other during periods of stress and support the development of relationships between family members.
What does such a session look like?
A typical session will ideally include all members of the system and will last about an hour and a half. During this time, the therapist will ask various questions, listen to each member of the family, and help the family to communicate together. It is definitely not a question of looking for the culprits or black sheep of the family who are responsible for everything.
Unicare's philosophy of patient approach
At Unicare, we uphold a philosophy of exceptional patient care, delivered by expert physicians who prioritize empathy, understanding, and availability. Our commitment extends beyond medical excellence; it's about treating each client with respect and providing accessible care whenever needed.
Our clinic embodies a family-like atmosphere, ensuring maximum comfort. We carefully select our doctors for their patient-first approach, dedicating time to thoroughly address health concerns and communicate in a clear, understandable manner. At Unicare, your health and well-being are in caring hands
About our services
- Comprehensive healthcare services conveniently available in a single location
- Over 20 medical specialties and 50 expert physicians
- Skilled doctors with a caring and friendly approach
We speak 16 languages
English, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hebrew Persian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Czech.
Serving a Diverse Community
- Expats living in the Czech Republic, be it short or long-term
- Individuals and whole families
- Corporate staff members
- Study-abroad students
- Travelers visiting the area
At Unicare Medical, we deliver top-quality healthcare services, both preventive and acute, for all your medical needs.
Our expertise lies in serving both the international community and local Czech residents.
We cater to a diverse clientele, offering healthcare solutions for individuals, families, and corporate entities. Explore your options through the following links:
- Healthcare services for international clients
- Corporate Healthcare Solutions
- Healthcare services for self-payers
Benefits of Unicare Medical membership program
Complex healthcare all year round. You have the choice of 3 membership plans: COMFORT, PREMIUM or EXCLUSIVE based on your current needs. We also offer discounts for family members.
- UNLIMITED number of GP / Paediatrician appointments
- REGULAR annual preventive examination included
- NEW: Dental hygiene, Dental examination, Gynaecology examination, Urology examination, Physiotherapy and Mental health services INCLUDED in the PREMIUM and EXCLUSIVE programs
- DISCOUNT for outpatient in-house medical specialists
- DISCOUNT for family members
- BONUS: Vaccination included (please check details)
- We are true specialists for international clients - we speak 14 languages
- For our members we offer a MOBILE APPLICATION enabling phone consultation / chat with the doctor (during clinic opening times)
- We offer MINIMAL BOOKING TIME and WAITING TIME for appointments
- Service of Care manager and patient’s administration INCLUDED (See membership)