Urology is a medical field specializing in disorders and diseases of the genitourinary system, therefore it includes diseases of the kidneys, bladder, and urethra. A urologist deals with the care of both the male and female urinary system. In addition, it diagnoses and treats diseases of the prostate, penis and testicles in men. The most common kidney diseases are infections, including kidney stones and tumors. This also applies to the bladder. The inability to urinate is also related to urination - retention, but also the leakage of urine - incontinence, or painful urination, frequent urination without a urinary tract infection. This is also how the urologist settles down. As part of prevention, it is most often the prevention of prostate cancer, where screening is recommended - a preventive examination already after 45-50 years of life, but also the prevention of bladder and kidney cancer. In young men, it is the prevention of testicular cancer. Impotence, or erection problems also in the hands of a urologist or andrologist Together with a venereologist, a urologist deals with such sexually transmitted diseases as STDs, chlamydia, ureaplasmas, mycoplasmas, or gonorrhea or syphilis.
Services provided at our urological office in UNICARE:
- Prevention of prostate and testicular, bladder and kidney cancer
- Comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and prevention of male reproductive disorders and diseases
- organs, teaching system and genitalia
- Diagnosis and solution of problems with urination, both incontinence and retention of urine
- Diagnosis and Management Treatment of kidney stones and colic
- Diagnostic Ultrasound examination of the kidneys, bladder and prostate
When to see a urologist:
- When I was 50 years old, if I'm younger, and we had/have prostate cancer or breast cancer in the family
- When I have problems urinating - frequent urination, urge to urinate, blood in urine, painful urination, inability to urinate completely
- When I have testicular pain, pain in the penile area or perineum/perineum
- When I have back pain and am not treated with discs or a neurologist
- When I have a problem with an erection that is no longer what it used to be, or I have blood in the ejaculate
- When I leak urine or cannot urinate thoroughly
- When I suspect sexually transmitted diseases - gonorrhea, syphilis, plasma urea, chlamydia - or have had unprotected sex and do not know the health of the sexual partner.
Unicare's philosophy of patient approach
Our commitment is to provide the highest quality medical care by our excellent doctors with an emphasis on a considerate, friendly and empathetic approach in every situation. We take care of our clients with respect and the assurance that they can contact us whenever they need to see a doctor.
Our clinic offers a family atmosphere and maximum comfort for our clients. We carefully select our specialists, who especially profess a personal patient-oriented approach. Our doctors will allow enough time for every client and will explain the health problem in a transparent and understandable way.
About our services
- Complex healthcare services in one location
- 20+ medical specializations and 50 specialists
- Professional doctors with empathetic & friendly approach
We speak 16 languages
English, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hebrew Persian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Czech.
We specialise to
- International clients living in CZ long-term or short-term
- Individuals and families
- Company employees
- Exchange students
Unicare Medical offers premium healthcare services - preventive and acute.
We specialize in care for international and Czech clients living in the Czech republic.
Check out more:
- Healthcare services for international clients
- Healthcare services for companies
- Healthcare services for self-payers
Benefits of Unicare Medical membership program
Complex healthcare all year round. You have the choice of 3 membership plans: COMFORT, PREMIUM or EXCLUSIVE based on your current needs. We also offer discounts for family members.
- UNLIMITED number of GP / Paediatrician appointments
- REGULAR annual preventive examination included
- NEW: Dental hygiene, Dental examination, Gynaecology examination, Urology examination, Physiotherapy and Mental health services INCLUDED in the PREMIUM and EXCLUSIVE programs
- DISCOUNT for outpatient in-house medical specialists
- DISCOUNT for family members
- BONUS: Vaccination included (please check details)
- We are true specialists for international clients - we speak 14 languages
- For our members we offer a MOBILE APPLICATION enabling phone consultation / chat with the doctor (during clinic opening times)
- We offer MINIMAL BOOKING TIME and WAITING TIME for appointments
- Service of Care manager and patient’s administration INCLUDED (See membership)
Summer opening period
we would like to inform you about Summer opening times. In between 1st of July and 31st of August Unicare is opened from Monday to Thursday 8-20h and on Friday 8-18h. On Saturday we are closed.
Thank you for your understanding and we wish you a lovely summer!