Periodontal disease is caused by toxins contained in plaque and can be diagnosed by your dentist during a regular examination. When the gums become irritated, a chronic inflammatory response causes that the body destroys its own bone and soft tissue. Untreated periodontal disease may result in loss of teeth.
First stage of periodontal disease is called gingivitis. Plaque hardens into tartar and the gum tissue attachment point migrates downwards. Bacteria starts to fill the pockets between the gums and teeth. The gums become tender, inflamed, and likely to bleed.
Second stage of periodontal disease – periodontitis – may be accompanied by a slight or moderate bone loss.
The third stage – advanced periodontitis – appears if periodontitis is not treated. Moderate to severe bone loss is present and affected teeth become very loose and may be lost as they have no more support in gums and bones.
Periodontal treatments include:
- Periodontal Maintenance- is the process of cleaning the pockets of bacteria around the gums to prevent more damage and further bone loss.
- Scaling and Root Planing – If pockets between the gums and teeth are 5 millimetres or less in depth, the non-invasive therapy called scaling can be recommended. This is a special deep cleaning where all tartar and plaque deposits are removed from the gum line and the roots of your teeth are smoothed to discourage further growing of tartar and to reduce periodontal pocket depths.
- Surgical solutions - in the stage of advanced periodontitis, where the depth of the pockets between the gums and teeth is more than 5 millimetres surgery may be required. Deep pockets may need to be opened and cleaned. Loose teeth may need to be supported (bone grafting) or extraction of a tooth may be necessary to stop the damage spreading to adjacent teeth.
Unicare's philosophy of patient approach
Our commitment is to provide the highest quality medical care by our excellent doctors with an emphasis on a considerate, friendly and empathetic approach in every situation. We take care of our clients with respect and the assurance that they can contact us whenever they need to see a doctor.
Our clinic offers a family atmosphere and maximum comfort for our clients. We carefully select our specialists, who especially profess a personal patient-oriented approach. Our doctors will allow enough time for every client and will explain the health problem in a transparent and understandable way.
About our services
- Complex healthcare services in one location
- 20+ medical specializations and 50 specialists
- Professional doctors with empathetic & friendly approach
We speak 16 languages
English, Korean, Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Hebrew Persian, Hungarian, Slovakian and Czech.
We specialise to
- International clients living in CZ long-term or short-term
- Individuals and families
- Company employees
- Exchange students
Unicare Medical offers premium healthcare services - preventive and acute.
We specialize in care for international and Czech clients living in the Czech republic.
Check out more:
- Healthcare services for international clients
- Healthcare services for companies
- Healthcare services for self-payers
Benefits of Unicare Medical membership program
Complex healthcare all year round. You have the choice of 3 membership plans: COMFORT, PREMIUM or EXCLUSIVE based on your current needs. We also offer discounts for family members.
- UNLIMITED number of GP / Paediatrician appointments
- REGULAR annual preventive examination included
- NEW: Dental hygiene, Dental examination, Gynaecology examination, Urology examination, Physiotherapy and Mental health services INCLUDED in the PREMIUM and EXCLUSIVE programs
- DISCOUNT for outpatient in-house medical specialists
- DISCOUNT for family members
- BONUS: Vaccination included (please check details)
- We are true specialists for international clients - we speak 14 languages
- For our members we offer a MOBILE APPLICATION enabling phone consultation / chat with the doctor (during clinic opening times)
- We offer MINIMAL BOOKING TIME and WAITING TIME for appointments
- Service of Care manager and patient’s administration INCLUDED (See membership)