Hear the future
WHO recommendation to prevent hearing loss:
- protect your ears from loud sounds
- seek treatment when you have ear pain
- ask the doctor if the medicine you are taking could affect your hearing
- use hearing devices as indicated
- check your hearing regularly
Repeated exposure to loud noises will damage your inner ear permanently Even activities such as moving the lawn or using power tools without earplugs could affect your inner ear cells.
What are the signs that you might have hearing loss:
- difficulty hearing high-pitched sounds (e.g., alarm clock)
- difficulty understanding conversations in a noisy place
If you already have hearing loss, consult your ENT doctor to take steps to keep it from getting worse.
Your family Doctor